Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ugh. And Yum (I have iced coffee!)

Daylight Savings Time. My nemesis. Don't get me wrong, an extra hour of daylight is spiffy, but ever single year this damn time changes screws me up for at least a week. I am so tired today. Hubby tweaked his back so he is not in the best of moods, and is bound to be crabby when he gets home today. The Girl is home sick with the flu, but apparently not that sick as she is already asking if she will be well enough to hang with the friends this weekend. Not minding missing school though. Kids, bleh. The sourdough starter is doing great, I've remembered to feed it every night and am going to continue to do so for another day or two, I want a decent quantity of starter to stash in the fridge. Bread making will probably not happen until next week though. Yesterday was spent running kids around, sick kid, well kid, doctor trip, pharmacy trip, blah blah blah. Today will be spent doing laundry, and if I can manage to get conscious firing up the sewing machine, and making Isa's Snobby Joes for dinner. I LURVE me some lentils. Oh, and making BitterSweet's Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. Scroll down for the recipe. If you haven't made them yet you should, very very easy and yet tasty recipe. My only changes to it are to add about a 1/4 cup of cocoa powder to the batter (family of chocoholics, besides me the vanillaholic), and I don't use vanilla soy milk as I think it's disgusting so never buy it. I use 1 TBS of vanilla instead and plain soymilk. SOOOOOOOOO yummy. I've been known to whip up a batch of these at 8 PM. The prep time is all of 5 minutes. I think I can handle that today. Tomorrow is The Boy's field trip to the DuPage Children's Museum. If you see a tall tired looking blonde-dreadlocked pierced nose mom with a cute little boy, it's probably me. Unless I have an unknown twin that will be at the DuPage Children's Museum tomorrow... I tend to stick out like the proverbial sore thumb. Someone remind me to take my camera. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment