Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mmmmmm... Primordial Ooze...

Sourdough starter is really weird stuff. Mine is coming along nicely and I so have to take a pic of it tomorrow. It's bubbly, puffy and smelly. Not bad smelly, just well, sour smelly. I'm going to feed it one more time tonight and go out tomorrow and get a nice jar for it to live in my fridge in. And then I am going to be a freaky baking fool. My goal (even though I have not shared this with hubby) is to start baking bread out the wazoo and quit buying store bought bread. The sandwich bread we buy in particular is what I want to eliminate. It's whole wheat, store brand sandwich bread, and it tastes kind of like gnawing on the sole of one of my Chuck Taylors. The kids don't mind it and eat their PB & J's like it's nobody's business, not caring that they are eating bread that doesn't taste particularly good. It's my fault. I need to teach my children that bread for sammiches can be just as tasty as bread that we have with dinner. I shall prevail! I've even found recipes for sourdough wheat sandwich bread, YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment